added 8-25-00 Original Author Unknown
Cooking Tools: pizza pan or a cookie sheet,
pizza cutter, bowl, measuring spoons, utility knife, colander, measuring
Need: 1 15-oz can pineapple chunks (drained),
3 sliced bananas dipped into orange or lemon juice, 10 washed, capped,
sliced strawberries, 2 kiwi, 1 10-1/2 oz can mandarin oranges (drained),
Other fruit that you like, 1 8-oz lite cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered
sugar, 1 8-oz container lite whipped topping, Materials for crust
1 pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 C flour
1/4 C powdered sugar
1 stick margarine, softened
1. To make the crust, use the package of cookie dough, or mix flour,
powdered sugar, and margarine in a bowl, and stir until it makes a ball.
2. Put the dough on a pizza pan, and flatten it with your hand until it
covers the pan.
3. Turn on the oven to 350 degrees.
4. Put the crust into the oven. Bake it for about 5 minutes or until it is
light golden brown.
5. Take it out of the oven and let it cool.
1. Put the soft lite cream cheese in a bowl.
2. Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and mix it all together.
3. Take a spoon and spread all of the filling over the pizza crust when it
4. Take the little pieces of fruit, and decorate the top of your pizza.
5. Cut the pizza into pieces with the pizza cutter.
Serve it as a dessert. Or spread peanut butter all over the crust, and
decorate it with the fruit.
1. Make this for a party or picnic.
2. Make the crust and the filling, let your child's friends help you to
3. Make a funny-face picture on the pizza with the fruit.
(12 layers) added
8-25-00 Original Author Unknown
Need: 6-packages of jello-red, green, yellow,
orange, grape, lemon, ect., 1-16oz. container of sour cream, 13 x 9 pan
Mix package Jell-O with 1 cup boiling water. In another bowl mix 1/3 cup
sour cream with 1/2 cup of your Jell-O that's mixed. Use fork or wire
whisk to mix sour cream with Jell-O. Start with 1 layer sour cream mixture
refrigerate for 1/2 hour- then carefully layer clear Jell-O repeat until
there are 12 layers. ( I use my scraper to pour the Jell-O over the layer
of sour cream mixture just so it doesn't go on to fast.) I have found that
if I leave this out on the counter for about ten minutes, then refrigerate
it sets better.
Submitted By: Michelle Ferreira
The children can make a rainbow salad using fruit:
The children will learn their colors by making and eating a delicious and nutritious
Rainbow Toast added
2-9-03 Original Author Unknown
For each color, take 1 tablespoon milk (rice or cow's) and 1/4 to 1/2
teaspoon sugar and mix it. This makes quite a few pieces of toast.
If you want to make lots of colors to practice making colors or if if you
have more children or students, you will need to make more. Place some of
the milk mixture in small jars, glasses, small margarine containers, or
other containers. Repeat this 3 times. Add red, yellow, and blue food
coloring in containers. It takes 1 drop to make each color.
Take a piece of white bread. Paint the bread with some of the milk using a
pastry brush or small paint brush. Make sure not to paint it with too much
milk or it will become soggy (if the child does do that, that is okay,
since children love to explore).
Mix some of the red with some of the yellow and see what color it makes
Mix some of the yellow with the blue and see what color it makes (green).
Mix some of the blue with some of the red and see what color it makes
(violet/purple). Put the bread in the oven or a toaster oven. Take it out
when it is lightly brown.